THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF THE LINGUISTIC
ASSOCIATION OF THE SOUTHWEST (LASSO)
Each volume of the International Journal of the Linguistic Association of the Southwest
(IJLASSO), formerly the Southwest Journal of Linguistics (SWJL), is published in two numbers, one in June and one in December.
The journal publishes papers across a broad range of topics in linguistics,
though research papers dealing with the languages of the southwestern
United States and northern Mexico are especially encouraged. The journal
also publishes scholarly reviews of the literature, book reviews, and
occasional commentary on topics of concern to the journal's readership.
Proposals for thematic issues and nominations for guest editors are
Instructions for Contributors
Manuscripts are to be prepared according to the Language
style sheet, published annually in the December LSA Bulletin
and available at the IJLASSO website. In addition
to meeting Language requirements, IJLASSO contributors
- Prepare manuscripts using Word, WordPerfect or another
common word processing program for PC or Mac. Contact the editor for
guidance in using special symbols.
- Submit manuscripts in either English or Spanish.
- Include an abstract in English of between 100 and 150 words.
- Submit an electronic copy of the manuscript to the journal's e-mail address. Once a manuscript has been accepted for publication, authors may be asked to submit the revised manuscript in hard copy if special symbols are used.
All manuscripts, inquiries, and nominations should be directed to the
- Jill Brody and Jeremy King, Joint Editors
- International Journal of the Linguistic Association of the Southwest
- Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
- 341 Hodges Hall
- Louisiana State University
- Baton Rouge, LA, 70803, USA
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Books for review should be sent the Reviews Editor:
- María del Puy Ciriza
University of North Texas at Dallas
University Hills Boulevard 7400
Department of Languages and Communications
Dallas, Texas, 75401
- Note: Authors need not be members
of the Linguistic Association of the Southwest (LASSO) to submit their
work for review, but authors of papers selected for publication must
be LASSO members.
Information for Subscribers
Subscriptions to the International Journal of the Linguistic Association of the Southwest are a privilege
of LASSO membership. Dues for indivdual memberships in the association
are US$40.00. Student memberships are US$25.00 per calendar year, with
proof of student status. Institutional memberships are US$60.00 per
calendar year. Life memberships are US$450. Annual postage surcharge
for non-U.S. addressees is US$15.00. Inquiries concerning membership
and subscription should be sent to the executive director:
- Daniel Villa
- Linguistic Association of the Southwest
- 420 Parker Rd.
- Las Cruces, NM 88005
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (575) 646-3408
- Fax: (575) 646-7876